2017 NPHF/Astellas Promoting Heart Health Across the Life Span Award Program (APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 2/27/2017)
The application postmark deadline has been extended to February 27, 2017. The winners will be notified by March 30, 2017. Project interim report due September 15, 2017 and final project completion due December 15, 2017.
Please read the FAQs before beginning the application process. They include important information.
The 2017 NPHF/Astellas "Promoting Heart Health Across the Life Span Award" Program provides five (5) awards of $4000 each to Nurse Practitioner or DNP graduate students, faculty or practicing Nurse Practitioners with a clinical, research, or educational project on promoting heart health in the United States for pediatric, adults or older adult populations. Projects addressing issues of diverse populations will be given special consideration. Winners will receive an initial award of $3000 to be used for project development and implementation and an additional $1000 upon project completion for dissemination of outcomes through podium and/or poster presentation, journal article, etc. Please note: As a non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, the NPHF does not allocate any grant funding toward indirect costs.
This award is funded by a charitable donation from Astellas.
- Applicant must be a Nurse Practitioner or DNP graduate student or a practicing Nurse Practitioner.
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a status report by September 11, 2017 and a final report upon completion with a copy of all products that are a result of this project (publications, DVDs, slides, etc.).
- The project must be completed by December 15, 2017.
Application Instructions: Note- there is no online submission process. You MUST mail the original application and 2 copies. FAXES will not be accepted.
- The forms are in fillable pdf format (links below). Please complete them online.
- Print the application forms in their entirety.
- Compile all the required information listed on the checklist. Arrange the forms and information in order, according to the checklist.
- Mail the original and 2 copies by the postmark deadline of February 17 to:
Pam Jenkins-Wallace, MS, NP
NPHF Scholarships and Awards
7592 Highland Oaks Dr.
Pleasanton, CA 94588
DO NOT SEND CERTIFIED OR SIGNATURE REQUIRED
Please direct questions to Pam Jenkins-Wallace at email@example.com
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!