2018 NPHF/Astellas Award Information (APPLICATION DEADLINE 2/16/2018)
The application postmark deadline is February 16, 2018. The winners will be notified by March 28, 2018. Project interim report due September 17, 2018 and final project completion due December 14, 2018.
Please read the FAQs before beginning the application process. They include important information.
The 2018 NPHF/Astellas "Promoting Heart Health Across the Life Span Award" Program provides five (5) awards of $4000 each to Nurse Practitioner or DNP graduate students, faculty or practicing Nurse Practitioners with a clinical, research, or educational project on promoting heart health in the United States for pediatric, adults or older adult populations. Projects addressing issues of diverse populations will be given special consideration. Winners will receive an initial award of $3000 to be used for project development and implementation and an additional $1000 upon project completion for dissemination of outcomes through podium and/or poster presentation, journal article, etc. Please note: As a non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, the NPHF does not allocate any grant funding toward indirect costs.
This award is funded by a charitable donation from Astellas.
- Applicant must be a Nurse Practitioner or DNP graduate student or a practicing Nurse Practitioner.
- Projects completed prior to March 30, 2018 cannot be considered for the award.
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a status report by September 17, 2018 and a final report upon completion with a copy of all products that are a result of this project (publications, DVDs, slides, etc.).
- The project must be completed by December 14, 2018.
Application Instructions: Note- there is no online submission process. You MUST mail the original application and 2 copies. FAXES will not be accepted.
- The forms are in fillable pdf format (links below). Please complete them online.
- Print the application forms in their entirety once completed.
- Compile all the required information listed on the checklist. Arrange the forms and information in checklist order.
- Mail the original and 2 copies by the postmark deadline of February 16 to:
Pam Jenkins, MS, NP
NPHF Scholarships and Awards
7592 Highland Oaks Dr.
Pleasanton, CA 94588
DO NOT SEND CERTIFIED OR SIGNATURE REQUIRED
Please direct questions to Pam Jenkins at email@example.com
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!