- Home »
- Scholarships and Awards
2019 NPHF/Astellas Award Information
Note: The 2019 Astellas Award program is now closed and winners have been announced. Please check our website in the fall for information about the 2020 Astellas Award program.
The application postmark deadline has been extended to April 1, 2019. The winners will be notified by April 26, 2019. Project interim report due September 9, 2019 and final project completion due December 16, 2019.
Please read the FAQs before beginning the application process. They include important information and will answer many of your questions.
The 2019 NPHF/Astellas "Promoting Heart Health Across the Life Span Award" Program provides five (5) awards of $4000 each to Nurse Practitioner or DNP graduate students, faculty or practicing Nurse Practitioners with a clinical, research, or educational project on promoting heart health in the United States for pediatric, adults or older adult populations. Projects addressing issues of diverse populations will be given special consideration. Winners will receive an initial award of $3000 to be used for project development and implementation and an additional $1000 upon project completion for dissemination of outcomes through podium and/or poster presentation, journal article, etc. Please note: As a non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, the NPHF does not allocate any grant funding toward indirect costs. Award checks will only be made payable to the awardee and not to an institution.
This award is funded by a charitable donation from Astellas.
- Applicant must be a Nurse Practitioner or DNP graduate student or a practicing Nurse Practitioner.
- Projects completed prior to March 29, 2019 cannot be considered for the award.
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a status report by September 9, 2019 and a final report upon completion with a copy of all products that are a result of this project (publications, DVDs, slides, etc.).
- The project must be completed and final report submitted no later than December 16, 2019.
Application Instructions: Note- there is no online submission process. You MUST mail the original application and 2 copies. FAXES will not be accepted. NOTE: Application deadline has been extended to postmark of February 22, 2019. The application forms will not reflect this change of deadline date.
- The forms are in fillable pdf format (links below). Please complete them online.
- Print the application forms in their entirety once completed.
- Compile all the required information listed on the checklist. Arrange the forms and information in checklist order.
- Mail the original and 2 copies by the postmark deadline of February 15 to:
2647 - 134th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98005-1813
DO NOT SEND CERTIFIED OR SIGNATURE REQUIRED
Please read the FAQs before directing any questions to Jennifer Koenig, Director of Education and Special Projects, at email@example.com
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
Application Checklist (381.1 KB)
Applicant ID Information (527.9 KB)
Program Director Verification (255.9 KB)
Project Description (354.4 KB)
Applicant Attestation (295.2 KB)