Who We Are
Launched in 2006, the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation (NPHF) is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Working on behalf of the Nurse Practitioner profession, the NPHF focuses its activities on making high quality, effective care accessible in the United States and globally. The NPHF promotes quality care while supporting innovation, healthcare research, policy analysis, and the development of healthcare leaders. Education of healthcare professionals and the public addresses priority areas of need, with special attention to promoting health literacy and decreasing health disparities. A volunteer "Founding Board" of Nurse Practitioners and corporate professionals has guided the development of the NPHF as an independent philanthropic organization. Our accomplishments include:
- Scholarship and Award Program
- Fellowship Program in the Office of the U.S. Surgeon General
- Health professional education (NPHF is an ANCC accredited provider of continuing education for nurses/NPs)
- Patient awareness programs
- White papers on key health policy issues
- Easy-to-read patient education materials
- Developing healthcare models in low resource communities
- Promoting nursing innovations globally
Please click on the link above to find out more about the NPHF.
NPs are RNs with advanced education in a focused area of study. They can have a Master's degree, post-Master's certificate, or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. NPs are able to prescribe medications in all states. Their varies across the United States. NPs can open their own practices, including in the retail clinic arena. They specialize in various clinical specialties, such as family, adult, pediatric, or women's health. They teach at universities and do research. NPs have many opportunities. Click for .
Please click on the link above to find out more about nurse practitioners, the nurse practitioner profession, and nurse practitioner resources.